From Fortune 50 companies to mid-sized enterprises, start-ups, universities, not-for profits, NGO’s and governments; all organizations are struggling with challenges related to exponential change.
Whether they are growing, scaling, or reinventing; the ideas, structures and process that led them to their initial success are no longer sufficient. Complexity, volatility, unpredictability, and disruption stretch operations, make strategic planning and execution much more difficult, test the leadership’s capacity, burn resources, and drive constant fire-fighting. When leaders are stuck in survival mode, they cannot respond to the opportunities that will allow the organization to thrive in the future.
David specializes helping find new solutions for these issues by developing Responsive organizations particularly in the areas for Complex Change Management, Mature Innovation, and Responsive Leadership Development.
Business Transformation & Responsive Leadership
As an advisor through MSS Business Transformation Advisors, David provides expertise on strategies and implementation tactics related to business and digital transformation we help business leaders navigate and execute their specific transformational needs.
Strategy, Change Management, & Innovation Facilitator
Through his position as Executive Director of the MSS Business Transformation Institute, David incorporates research, educational offering and thought leadership platforms to advise businesses seeking to transform their organizations to meet their business goals.
Global Business Development
As an experienced International Business Development Executive with connections in over 60 countries, David provides the resources and methods to assist your organization’s international expansion efforts from developing your international strategy to setting up operations, providing in-country contacts, sourcing translation services, setting up sales representation, and enabling other key activities for success.
- Executive Director; MSS Business Transformation Institute (Present)
- Consulting Director; MSS Business Transformation Advisory (Present
- VP Global Development; Discover the World (4 years)
- Principal, Global Consulting; American Express (2 years)
- Director, Global Strategy APAC; American Express (3 years)
- Director, Global Innovation; American Express (3 years)
- Director, Business Development; iExplore.com with National Geographic (1 year)
- Manager Strategy and Planning; Sabre, Inc. (3 years)
- Project Manager; Donovan Brothers Construction (2 years)
- Business Development Consultant; Grove Communications (2 years)
- Fundraiser, US Senate Campaign (2 years)
- Intern; European Parliament (1 year)
- Intern; Nike International (6 months)
- Fundraiser; Washington University (3 years)
Industries of Knowledge
- Travel Distribution/Supply Chain
- Financial Services / Credit Card
- Higher Education
- Not-For Profit
- Media/Internet Publishing/Distribution
Areas of Experience
- M&A/JV’s Partnerships
- Change Management/Transformation
- Innovation/New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
Education & Certification
- Masters in International Management, Thunderbird, the School for Global Management at Arizona State University
- Bachelors in Business Administration, The Olin School of Business at Washington University St. Louis (1991)
- European Finance Seminar, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado & Higher Education in Europe UK
- Mergers & Acquisitions Week, Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University
- Integrated Project Management IPS Learning / Stanford Advance Project Management
- Certified Advanced Change Management Instructor/Practitioner, Prosci
- Leading at Collaborative Environment, Thunderbird the School for Global Management at Arizona State University
- Negotiation, American Management Association