From Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized enterprises, start-ups, universities, not-for profits, NGO’s and governments; all organizations are struggling with challenges related to exponential change.
Whether they are growing, scaling, or reinventing; the ideas, structures and process that led them to their initial success are no longer sufficient. Complexity, volatility, unpredictability, and disruption stretch operations, make strategic planning and execution much more difficult, test the leadership’s capacity, burn resources, and drive constant fire-fighting. When leaders are stuck in survival mode, they cannot respond to the opportunities that will allow the organization to thrive in the future.
David specializes helping find new solutions for these issues by developing Responsive organizations particularly in the areas for Complex Change Management, Mature Innovation, and Responsive Leadership Development.
Business Transformation & Responsive Leadership
As Managing Director and head of Strategy & Organizational Change Consulting at MSS Business Transformation Advisors, David provides expertise on strategies and implementation tactics related to business and digital transformation we help business leaders navigate and execute their specific transformational needs.
Strategy, Change Management, & Innovation Facilitator
Through his position as Executive Director of the MSS Business Transformation Institute, David incorporates research, educational offering and thought leadership platforms to advise businesses seeking to transform their organizations to meet their business goals.
Global Business Development
As an experienced International Business Development Executive with connections in over 60 countries, David provides the resources and methods to assist your organization’s international expansion efforts from developing your international strategy to setting up operations, providing in-country contacts, sourcing translation services, setting up sales representation, and enabling other key activities for success.
David is a truly global executive and advisor how has helped build agile, responsive organizations at Fortune 500 and global enterprises, state & city government, and a Big 10 University among others. He has led transformation, facilitated innovation, and taught change management techniques across five continents and 60 countries. David speaks and facilitates advanced programs on topics related to transformation and innovation including Responsive Change, Mature Innovation, Customer-Centric Strategy, and High Performance Team Development. He is Managing Director at MSS Business Transformation Advisory Services.
- Managing Director; MSS Consulting (Present)
- Consulting Director Strategy & Organization; MSS Consulting (Present)
- VP Global Development; Discover the World (4 years)
- Principal, Global Consulting; American Express (2 years)
- Director, Global Strategy APAC; American Express (3 years)
- Director, Global Innovation; American Express (3 years)
- Director, Business Development; iExplore.com with National Geographic (1 year)
- Manager Strategy and Planning; Sabre, Inc. (3 years)
- Project Manager; Donovan Brothers Construction (2 years)
- Business Development Consultant; Grove Communications (2 years)
- Fundraiser, US Senate Campaign (2 years)
- Intern; European Parliament (1 year)
- Intern; Nike International (6 months)
- Fundraiser; Washington University (3 years)
Industries of Knowledge
- Travel Distribution
- Financial Services
- Higher Education
- Not-For Profit
- Media Production
Areas of Experience
- M&A/JV’s Partnerships
- Change Leadership, Change Management Management & Transformation
- International Operations
- Innovation/New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
Boards & Organizations
- Founder Responsive Org PHX
- Arizona State University, Thunderbird, Consulting Programs
- Northern Arizona University, Franke School of Business, Technology Advisory Board
- Grand Canyon University, Technology Advisory Board
Education & Certification
- Masters in International Management, Thunderbird, the School for Global Management at Arizona State University
- Bachelors in Business Administration, The Olin School of Business at Washington University St. Louis (1991)
- European Finance Seminar, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado & Higher Education in Europe UK
- Mergers & Acquisitions Week, Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University
- Integrated Project Management IPS Learning / Stanford Advance Project Management
- Certified Advanced Change Management Instructor/Practitioner, Prosci
- Leading at Collaborative Environment, Thunderbird the School for Global Management at Arizona State University
- Negotiation, American Management Association