David is a facilitator, advisor, writer and speaker on topics of Business Transformation and International Business Development.
He combines his experience in global management, facilitation, and strategic thought leadership to provide inspiration, insight, and a powerful energy to his public speaking. At the same time; he helps international organizations with triggering, mapping and leading profound & robust change initiatives as a highly effective advisor.
David is a global executive with experience in Asia, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East. He has developed business relationships in over 60 countries and has 20+ years of hands on executive management experience including stints at companies such as American Express, Sabre, and Discover the World Marketing.
As Executive Director of the MSS Business Transformation Institute, David teaches business leaders how to deliver substantial transformations and meaningful outcomes to their organizations by providing them and their teams the knowledge, the tools and the skills that they need to ensure successful transformation.
David has published the eBook – Discovering the Complex Adaptive Organization; white papers on Developing a Customer Worldview and Change Management in Complex Environments; and a guide on Successfully Selling Travel in Brazil. He was also published in the Big Book of Marketing on the topic of International Sales and by the European Parliament on the topic of Proportional Representation in the UK.
“David is a person with a true entrepreneurial spirit who knows how to drive innovation and change in a highly ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.”
– VP, Executive Producer, iExplore.com w/ National Geographic
David earned a Masters in International Management from Thunderbird, the School for Global Management at Arizona State University and Bachelors in International Business from Washington University, in St. Louis. He has a post-graduate certificate in Mergers & Acquisitions from the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University, Complexity and Chaos Theory Applications from the University of Michigan, and Leading Diverse Teams for Collaborative Results from Thunderbird. Additionally he has certifications in Negotiation, Organizational Change Management, and Project Management. He is also certified as a Prosci Change Management Trainer, an ASAPTM Innovation Facilitator and a Sociomapping Facilitator.
David has traveled to 43 countries to date for business and has lived in Europe and Asia. He currently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona and Moscow, Russia.
- Thunderbird, the School for Global Management – Consulting Program Advisory Board
- Grand Canyon University – Technology Advisory Board & Cybersecurtiy subcommittee
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council – Seed Fund Advisory Board (Facilitator)
MSS Business Transformation Advisors, Consulting Director
- Maricopa County Community Colleges – Strategic Transformation Advisor
- City of Tacoma – Change Management Workshops
- Maricopa County Tax Authority – Change Management Strategy
- University of Michigan – Complex Change Management Structure
- Rio Salado College – Strategic Plan & Innovation Program
- Lutron Electronics – Change Management Planning
- American Express – Onsite Operations Value Proposition & Marketing Plan
- Emily’s Events – Business Planning
- Grove Communications – Business Planning & Corporate Launch
American Express Global Consulting, Principal Consultant
- Merck/Schering Plough – M&A Integration Strategy Travel Program
- A.T. Kearny – Travel Program Strategy
- Microsoft – Travel Program Strategy
- Intel – Travel Program Strategy
- American Express – Airline Practice Manager
Managed Projects & Programs
- Business Transformation Institute Strategy / Launch – MSS, Phoenix
- Global Technology Strategy – Discover the World, Scottsdale
- Russian Market Relaunch – Discover the World, Moscow
- French Partnership Restructure – Discover the World, Paris
- Portugal Partnership – Discover the World, Lisbon
- Global Transformation Strategy & Implementation – Discover the World, Scottsdale
- Regional Airline Partnership Strategy, Asia Pacific – American Express, Singapore
- M&A Integration – American Express/Rosenbluth Travel, Chicago
- Hotel Program for Small Business – American Express, Chicago
- Airline Distribution Strategy & Global Implementation – American Express, Chicago
- Corporate Launch & Distribution Program – iExplore W/ National Geographic, Chicago
- Transformation of 30 Million Product Division – Sabre, inc., Dallas
- Multisite Build Out for Auntie Anne’s – Donovan Construction, Seattle
- Project Management Automation – Donovan Construction, Seattle
- Campaign Financing – US Senate Campaign, Washington State
- Research on Electoral Processes – European Parliament Office, London
- Alumni Fundraising Program – Washington University, St. Louis
Facilitator & Instructor
- Farsight – Innovation Divergent/Convergent Thinking
- Prosci – Change Management Certified
- Sociomapping – High Performance Team Certified
- IPS – Project Planning
- EDMC, Adjunct Professor – Global Management, Innovation, Capstone